Saturday, August 15, 2009

The joy of cooking, the perils of love (A Book Review)

I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti - Giulia Melucci A

Besides being a fabulous cook and a terrific writer Giulia Melucci has a lot to offer. As I was reading this intriguing and funny "food is love" memoir I'd often flip to the back inside cover of the book and look at the author's photo. From what I was reading and seeing Giulia seems like a great catch. Chances are these perspective suitors will never find anyone better.

Love and the human heart is complicated, thank god we can lose ourselves in good food and good books. Not only is this an excellent read but it's filled with easy to make and delicious recipes. I'm probably not the targeted demographic but I have to say that I loved this book - my favorite of 2009 so far.

No comments: