Friday, May 6, 2011

A Tease, A Flirt, Limbs Too Short (Music Review)

First Impression Music Review
Radiohead - The King of Limbs B-
Release Date: March 2011
Listening to The King of Limbs the first couple times reminded me of how I felt when I first heard Radiohead's 2001 album, Amnesiac; initially a little underwhelmed but intrigued by the album's tone.  After repeated listening that album became more than just really cool mood music, it became a staple in my weekly rotation. 

The King of Limbs has better beats, is more soulful and will sound amazing on blast in my subee.  But what it's lacking thus far is the aching beauty of a track like Knives Out and the heartbreak of You and Whose Army (both from Amnesiac).  Perhaps it's unfair to compare the two albums which are almost a decade apart, but oh well, sometimes it's fun to compare things.  

Favorite Tracks- "Lotus Flower", "Separator" and "Morning Mr. Magpie"

No comments: