Sunday, May 27, 2012

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen - Movie Review

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen (PG-13) 111 minutes B-
Fishes with Feelings

Starring Ewan McGregor, Emily Blunt, Amr Waked and Kristin Scott Thomas

This is a slow moving film that is worth sticking around to the end if you like romantic drama.  It was a little hard to give a damn about the sheik with a heart of gold, his passion for salmon fishing, blah blah blah...  All I really want to know is, will Emily Blunt and the sour-faced Ewan McGregor ever get together?  She has a war hero boyfriend, he has a business driven wife and lifeless marriage.  The film keeps you guessing a little, and I have to admit that it won me over in the end.  Salmon Fishing also stars Kristin Scott Thomas, who I usually cannot get enough of.  But here she is used for comic relief, and I was not impressed.  Based on a novel by Paul Torday. 

No comments: