Monday, February 10, 2014

My Gray Morning's Best in Film 2013

1. Her 
2. American Hustle
3. Frances Ha
4. Fruitvale Station
5. Inside Llewyn Davis
6. The Way Way Back
7. Enough Said
8. Philomena
9. In a World
10. Before Midnight
11. The Spectacular Now
12. The Punk Singer
13. Salinger
14. The Butler
15. Dallas Buyers Club
16. Nebraska
17. Blue Jasmine
18. Cutie and the Boxer
19. The Wolf of Wall Street
20. 12 Years A Slave

My Gray Morning Awards 2013

Favorite Female in a Lead Role - Greta Gerwig (Francis Ha)
Cate Blanchett will win the Oscar, Greta Gerwig won my heart

Favorite Female in a Supporting Role - Lupita Nyong'o (12 Years A Slave)
Chiwetel Ejiofor was great, but Lupita Nyong'o might have been better...

Favorite Male in a Lead Role -  Joaquin Phoenix (Her)
His character felt real to me

Favorite Male in a Supporting Role - Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club)
Transformative performance

Best Director - Her (Spike Jonez)
What can I say, it's his year!

Best Original Screenplay - Her (Spike Jonez)
The film was completely original and unique

Best Adapted Screenplay - Philomena (Steve Coogan & Jeff Pope)
I can't imagine that the book was better

Best Film No One Saw - In a World (Directed & Written by Lake Bell)
It's a little cutesty, but it was also one of the best experiences I had at the movies last year.


No comments: