Wednesday, June 14, 2017

This Is Just My Face: Try Not to Stare - Book Review

Published May 2017
This Is Just My Face: Try Not to Stare - Gabourey Sidibe B+

I know Gabourey Sidibe was nominated for an Academy Award. I know she's been on various television shows. But, I've never been more impressed by her talents than I am now. This Is Just My Face: Try Not to Stare is entertaining, surprising, and one of the best books of 2017 so far. Her fortuitous rise to fame, her engrossing (but not overbearing) family drama, and her witty sense of humor made this book hard to put down. Inspiring and sensible.

For more, check out Sidibe's Fresh Air interview with Terry Gross via the NPR link below.

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/08/527392123/actress-gabourey-sidibe-on-anxiety-phone-sex-and-life-after-precious

No comments: