Sunday, August 12, 2007

Interview - Movie Review

Interview (R) 83 minutes C+
Starring Steve Buscemi, Sienna Miller, Tara Elders, Molly Griffith, Robert Hines, and Jackson Loo

Interview is an intriguing two character film that is slightly disjointed and requires a bit of patience. It seems more fitting for the stage than the big screen, but it does manage to entertain, and even get a few laughs.

Imagine former CBS news anchor Dan Rather is assigned to do a fluff piece on Britney Spears. Throw in some sexual tension, booze, drugs and manic mood swings, and what you have is an intriguing but frustrating film called Interview.
********************************************************************************

I'm starring down the barrel of another work week. My goals this week is to clean my desk, do some work I've been putting off, and go to the driving range. Last weekend I had a very depressing golf outing. It was one of those terrible rounds that I can't seem to shake. The only thing that will make it go away is to go out there and play better.

I've always been very competitive and a pretty good athlete. But the last few years I haven't kept myself in shape, and my mental game has eluded me from time to time. When I was younger I dedicated myself to sports (mainly football and basketball), but now it's hard to dedicate myself to anything other than eating (hmmm... eating is a sport).

It sounds crazy, but I could've played in the NFL, I truly believe that. But somewhere along the way life happened and here I am... Actually, life didn't happen, I was just chickenshit. My low self esteem has really f*cked me in a lot of ways. I could have accomplished so much more in life if I hadn't been afraid to try. Many times I was just afraid of embarrassing myself.

Oh well... We live we learn, It's water under the bridge now... Some Christians claim that god has a plan for everyone, and everything that happens, happens for a reason. Sometimes I wonder what his plan is for me? Then I thank my lucky stars that I've made it this far... that I have my health (knock on wood), my family, a roof over my head, a job, etc... So maybe his plan is for me is to always strive for something better... but always be mediocre. I don't know...I guess we'll see.

"The longer you stay in one place, the greater your chances of disillusionment."
-Art Spander

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was depressing because I kicked over your beer, right? (Green Valley Ranch is a brutal course.)