Thursday, December 6, 2007

Dinosaur Jr - Beyond

I just read Pitchfork's review of Beyond, the latest effort from Dinosaur Jr. Pitchfork gave it an 8.4 (out of 10) which means it's pretty damn good. I generally agree with the review but I can't say it's my favorite Dinosaur Jr record. The review by Zach Baron points out a few songs specifically; Crumbles, Pick Me Up, and Been There All the Time which Baron describes as "crusading guitar line and signature self-doubt". Nice!

After reading the review, I promptly put the cd into my player, put on my head phones, and cranked it up. Baron is right on, and Been There All the Time is now my new favorite track on the album. Diddlefingers and I are going to the Dinosaur Jr show next week (if I can get off my ass and buy the tickets soon!). I'm looking forward to a rockin show and a few cold beverages. Good Times!

"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich."
-Napoleon

No comments: