Saturday, April 25, 2009

Valentine Brings Sonic Fiery to Denver


My Bloody Valentine April 24, 2009 @ Fillmore Auditorium Denver, CO. B

After the My Bloody Valentine show, Bill (a random dude Diddle and I met at the show) said it best when he stated, "If you aren't familiar with the band and/or their music this was nothing more than a wall of noise." But for me and hundreds of others we knew that we were experiencing some exhilarating and rare.

The legendary shoegazers invaded Denver on Friday night and anyone who didn't take advantage of the free earplugs was a damn fool. I didn't hear a single lyric all night but I felt several notes. You don't just hear MBV you feel them! The blistering melodic guitars, laser lights, and the trembling floor underneath my feet created a sonic haze like nothing I've ever seen/heard before.

No comments: