Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pretty Girls With Guitars (Concert Review)

Katie Herzig @ Larimer Lounge 10/28/2011  B+
with Butterfly Boucher       
Photo courtesy of Beth Wooley

There are few things in life that give me a natural high like a good rock show. I can't say I'm a big Katie Herzig fan, but I will say she puts on one helluva live show. This is my second time seeing her perform. Each time has been a small venue, and each time she sounds like an angel. Somehow she manages to sound crisp and clean without sacrificing honest emotion. Plus, she played "Hologram," the song that blew me away the first time I saw her in the summer of 2010.

Opening for Herzig was Butterly Boucher. I'd never heard of her before; however, she might be one of the sexiest creatures I've even seen on stage. She's got the whole skinny rock grrrl thing down pat, and her sound is full of seductive hooks. When she ramped of the volume and the beats I was thoroughly impressed, but when she slowed things down I got a little bored. Nevertheless, she's one to watch.

No comments: