Sunday, February 24, 2013

*My Gray Morning's Best of 2012*

Best Films

10. Moonrise Kingdom
Cutesy, but completely original

9. The Sessions
Iron lung is no joke...  & Helen Hunt - yowzah!

8. Argo
It's good even though you know how it ends. 

7. Young & Wild
A 2012 Sundance film- the title says it all.

6. Supporting Characters
This one stars my boy, Alex Karpovsky (I once sat next to him at a film screening). 

5. Safety Not Guaranteed
The dark horse film of the 2012. 

4. The Queen of Versailles
I was simultaneously entertained and dumbfounded

3. Your Sister's Sister
 2012 was a great year for Mark Duplass fans. 

2. Liberal Arts
Because I feel younger than I am.  

1. Flight
Denzel... nuff said. 

-----------------
Best Albums (w/ my favorite track)

10. Voyageur - Kathleen Edwards
Empty Threat

9.  Most Of My Heroes Still Don't Appear On No Stamp - Public Enemy
 Hoovermusic 

8. How About I Be Me (And You Be You)? - Sinead O'Connor
Reason with Me

7.  Born & Raised - John Mayer
Walt Grace's Submarine Test, January 1967

6. Young & Old - Tennis
Petition

5. Lonerism - Tame Impala
Be Above It

4. Clear Heart Full Eyes - Craig Finn
 Western Pier

3. Good Kid, M.A.A.D City - Kendrick Lamar
Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe  

2. Channel Orange - Frank Ocean
Thinkin About You

1. The Idler Wheel... - Fiona Apple
Anything We Want

No comments: