Thursday, February 7, 2013

Zero Dark Thirty - Movie Review

Zero Dark Thirty (R) 157 minutes C
The Interrogation Locker 

Starring: Chris Pratt, Édgar Ramírez, Jason Clarke, Jennifer Ehle, Jessica Chastain, Joel Edgerton, Mark Strong

Steve Coll wrote an interesting article in the February 7, 2013 issue of the The New York Review of Books.  Essentially, the article quoted several high ranking government officials stating their disdain for the exaggerated and potentially dangerous reenactment of interrogations techniques, counterterrorism and historical facts in the film Zero Dark Thirty.  When I saw the film I didn't know how much was exaggerated for Hollywood purposes.  But, I tend to agree that it doesn't necessarily send out a positive message when its entire premise is based on "this is how it went down." I'll be the first to say that fiction is fiction.  However, after the closing credits rolled I felt like I'd be okay if I never saw another  Kathryn Bigelow film.    

No comments: