Saturday, March 24, 2007

Movie Reviews...?

Hello everyone,

Recently I've been contemplating whether or not to continue doing movie reviews. Work, school, and other distractions have kept me away from the local cineplex. Perhaps it is time for me to focus on writing for publication...?

After attending the Sundance film festival this year I was definitely inspired to write about film, but it never manifested out of my head and onto paper. I seem to be struggling to get over my mental road blocks. Hopefully this blog will motivate me to write everyday and help me break through this mental constipation.

In the meantime, check out the new blog. It's a work in progress- look for new changes periodically.

Excluding the films I saw at Sundance, here's a few films I have seen so far this year...

The Last King of Scotland (R) 121 minutes B
This film is beautiful, tragic and disturbing. Based on the award-winning novel by Giles Foden.

Catch and Release (PG-13) 124 minutes B-
A charming romantic comedy filmed in Boulder.

Zodiac (R) 156 minutes C+
A cryptic crime drama, an all star male cast, interesting film...but damn it seemed long!

No comments: