Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Religulous - Movie Review

Religulous (R) 101 minutes A-
Almost everyone I know believes in god...

Starring Bill Maher, Jose Luis De Jesus Miranda, Steve Berg, and Andrew Newberg

Growing up, I went to church every Sunday with my family. I didn't always like it, but much like going to the gym, I felt better about myself after I went.

Nowadays I'm cynical when it comes to religion, I often tell people that I am more spiritual than religious. I believe in god (because that's the way I was raised), but after watching this documentary it further confirms my skepticism about faith, what people believe and why.

Religulous is a documentary film about Maher's search for religious substance. Raised by a Jewish mother and a Catholic father, Maher sincerely seeks answers to the mysteries of theology. I found the film to be completely intriguing and highly entertaining, but I sense that some will see this as a "Michael Moore style documentary" and anti-religion propaganda. Personally, I think anyone/everyone can benefit from the questions being raised.

Highly recommended!

No comments: