Saturday, October 18, 2008

W. - Movie Review

W. (PG-13) 129 minutes C

Starring Josh Brolin, Elizabeth Banks, Richard Dreyfuss, James Cromwell, Ellen Burstyn, Thandie Newton, Jeffrey Wright, Scott Glenn, and Ioan Gruffudd

Based on the Oliver Stone films I've seen, I always thought he was a little overrated. Here's a few Highlights and Lowlights:

World Trade Center - sucked!
Natural Born Killers - soundtrack was better than the film.
U Turn - a flop if not for (a sexy) Jennifer Lopez.
Born on the Fourth of July & Platoon - Never saw them.
The Doors - disappointing, probably because I wasn't stoned.
Alexander - the previews looked really lame.

W. (directed by Oliver Stone) is boring. When I look at my watch during a film that's usually not a good sign. The only saving grace is that this is an interesting look at W's inner circle of cronies.
For example, I had no idea he and Carl Rove were so tight for so long. The Carl Rove character was actually kind of cute in a squirrelly kinda way.

No comments: