Friday, October 9, 2009

Capitalism: A Love Story - Movie Review

Capitalism: A Love Story (R) 120 minutes B+
Moore Capitalizing on Capitalism

Starring Michael Moore

Michael Moore- most people I know either love him or hate him. I'm not here to convince the people who hate him that they should like him, but I don't understand how anyone can deny that he raises some valid questions through his films.

Film critic Amy Biancolli brilliantly stated that Moore's films are "essays: one-sided, hyperbolic, heatedly persuasive works that broadcast a single viewpoint for a single cause", I get that... and yes, the George W. Bush is a douche bag campaign has grown a little tiresome. But also in his crosshairs are Bill Clinton, Chris Dodd and Democratic leaders from the House and Senate.

It goes without saying that Moore is not for everyone, but I appreciate that his films always give me plenty to think about and from there I can draw my own conclusions.

No comments: