Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dear John - Movie Review

Dear John (PG-13) 108 minutes C-
Dear John, your film didn't totally suck and you didn't make me cry- The End.

Starring Amanda Seyfried, Channing Tatum, Richard Jenkins, Henry Thomas and Keith Robinson

I admit, I stuffed two pieces of tissue in my pocket before walking into the theatre. Turns out I didn't need it but the lady sitting behind me did... she cried through half the film.

Dear John isn't horrible but it's pretty much what you'd expect from a Nicholas Sparks novel adapted to the big screen- i.e., The Notebook, Message in a Bottle, A Walk to Remember & Nights in Rodanthe.

Very sappy, a little cheesy, but filled with just enough moments that remind you of a time when love was free and the world was your oyster.

No comments: