Saturday, October 26, 2013

Gravity - Movie Review

Gravity (PG-13) 91 minutes D
Lots of flying Debris in 3D

Starring Sandra Bullock, George Clooney and Ed Harris

If you're a fan of epic space drama, cool special effects, George Clooney, Sandra Bullock, and you plan to see this film regardless of the grade I am giving it... fork out the extra cash and see it in 3D! Imax 3D if possible.

Now, if you're like me- you like George Clooney, Sandra Bullock is okay, not a big fan of sci-fi films, but wanted to see what all the hype was about... proceed with caution.  

Honestly, the two or three people that actually read this review will probably go see the film, watch it on Netflix, or have already seen it.  Most people I know liked the film, some even loved it.  I thought it was hokey as f*ck and I thought George Clooney "phoned it in" (not that there was much he could do with such a one-dimensional character).  

Needless to say, I was disappointed.  However, other critics seem to love it, audiences like it, and I guess the special effects are pretty cool if you're into that sorta thing.  So, go see it for yourself and let me know what you think. 

No comments: