Sunday, June 1, 2014

Neighbors - Movie Review

Neighbors (R) 95 mins B
The old me vs the new me living in disharmony

Starring:  Seth Rogen, Zac Efron, Rose Byrne, Dave Franco, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Ike Barinholtz and Lisa Kudrow

Sometimes I feel like Seth Rogan is performing in a different version of the same film over and over again; yet, it's still funny. Neighbors is pretty much what one would expect from a comedy starring Rogen- a clever mix of penis jokes, stoner humor, and pop culture references. But, what stood out to me in Neighbors was truth about crossing the invisible threshold from youthful revelry to responsible adult without losing "street cred." While I have definitely embraced some of the quieter moments of middle age, I often struggle with the reality that I am no longer young. Nevertheless, Neighbors is bound to remind you of a time when it was fun to be young and dumb... regardless of if that time was then or now.

No comments: