Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Halloweenhead

The new Ryan Adams album, Easy Tiger hit music stores today. After 3 or 4 spins it sounds as good as advertised. After reading some of the pre-release reviews, I expected it to be a cross between Gold and Heartbreaker. But so far, I'm thinking it's Jacksonville City Nights meets Gold.

The album is an easy listen and immediately accessible for casual fans. One has to wonder if every now and then Adams decides to throw us a bone as a reminder that he can sh*t out albums like this, so he can keep making albums like 29 and RocknRoll.

Adams is talented as all hell, and even albums like 29 are better than most of the crap out there. He has set the bar high for himself, we all know he has many great albums in him, but can he learn to trim the fat? Instead of releasing 3 albums a year, maybe he could release one great album a year, and a few months afterward he could tease us with a brilliant EP.

On most of the Ryan Adams chat boards I looked at today, the one constant is the song Halloweenhead. People seem to love it or hate. I like it! The album clocks in at just under 40 minutes. This is a very solid effort, and probably one of the year's best so far.

In other news, my birthday is quickly approaching. I'm not really excited, but I'm looking forward to some QT with RW and a good meal. We're planning to see Sicko on Sunday and it's suppose to be 100 degrees that day. I might melt.

I've gained 3 pounds. I thought you were suppose to lose weight in the summer...? I'm just a little slow at adjusting to this heat wave we've been having. I need to get my butt in gear!

My Top 5 Ryan Adams albums (excluding WhiskeyTown)

5. Easy Tiger
4. Cold Roses
3. Love is Hell (part 1)
2. Demolition
1. Heartbreaker

"I wanna show you what I have inside, but you know those parts of me died."
-Ryan Adams

No comments: