Tuesday, September 18, 2007

None of these faces feel like home

Perfect Blue Buildings
A therapist once said to me, "It must be hard being you because of the constant tug-o-war going on in your mind." She was right... I am my own worst enemy. Good versus Evil, Right versus Wrong. You wouldn't believe some of the things I tell myself... it's sickening! How did I get like this and why can't I stop?

Today I went for a walk during lunch, just me and my Ipod. It was so nice, a brisk 40 minute walk with the soundtrack to my life filling up my head space. I was in my own little world, imagination running wild, I felt emotional, I felt alive. I wanted those feelings to last all day.

Now I'm sitting here with a head full of doubt, doing everything except what I should be doing (homework). I feel a sea change coming my way. Maybe it's this whole house buying thing or current events in my life, but I feel myself shutting down a little. It's not necessarily a bad thing, sometimes I need to regroup and get strong... quietly sort out some things in my head. Sometimes I talk too much and karma is a bitch... It always comes around.

Passport
I got my passport yesterday, It only took 4 1/2 weeks to arrive. The entire process was much easier than I expected.

Ipod Stats
I now have over 200 songs (over 14 hours of music) on my Ipod. Chris Isaak has the most songs by a single artist with 12 tracks, and Duncan Sheik and The Rollins Band have the second most with 10. My Ipod is a collection of individual songs (no entire albums), and a WIDE variety of music.

New Music
The new Lyle Lovett is pretty good, after 3 or 4 listens it's slowly growing on me. It's not as immediately accessible as some of his older stuff, but with Lyle you can hardly go wrong. The new Thurston Moore album came out today (I forgot until just now), and for me it's one of the most highly anticipated albums of the year. Eddie Vedder and Springsteen also have new albums on the horizon, but right now I'm not that excited about either. Maybe I will be after I hear and read more.

"It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
-James Thurber

No comments: