Sunday, May 11, 2008

You're the buffet, I'm just the table


Kathleen Edwards, Live at the Fox Theater 5/9/08
On May 9th, 2007 I saw Morrissey, live in concert at the Fillmore Theater. On May 9th, 2008 (last Friday night), I saw Kathleen Edwards live at the Fox Theater in Boulder. Both shows were awesome! Now I'm considering attending a rock show every year on May 9th.
Kathleen Edwards is touring in support of her latest album, Asking for Flowers. An album that hasn't hooked me like the previous two, but after her performance Friday night, I will definitely give that album a few more spins this week.
The acoustics at the Fox were great, her voice was amazing, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much she rocked! Songs like Oh Canada and Back to Me rocked my balls off, and I would be remiss if I didn't mention how incredibly sexy she was. Edwards is even more attractive in person; making the men swoon, while the women all wanted to be her. She put on one of the best shows I've seen this year. Kathleen Edwards is the real deal. I expect (more) great things from her in the years to come.

Come on Feel the Lemonheads
OMG! I love this album. This is pure pop (It's about Time), catchy as hell (Into your Arms), playful (Being Around), bittersweet (Big Gay Heart), and heartfelt (Favorite T). This is my favorite Lemonheads album, and a near masterpiece.

No comments: