Friday, May 2, 2008

Random News & Notes

Celtics vs Hawks - Game 6
Wow! What a game! During the regular season the Hawks won 37 games, and the Celtics won 66 games. Yet the Hawks are giving the heavily favored Celtics all they can handle. I hope the Denver Nuggets are taking notes.

The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
I finished reading The Poisonwood Bible this week. It's an epic and challenging novel, a compelling story of humanity and politics told through the eyes of a mother and her four daughters. I've always wanted to read Kingsolver, but in retrospect I’m not sure if this was best place to start. The Poisonwood Bible shows what a gifted writer Kingsolver is, but it’s also an overwhelming read.

A Long Week
This has been a very long and exhausting week. I'm paying the piper for procrastinating on homework and various other tasks/chores. I get so frustrated with myself because it never seems like I have enough time! I'm unorganized, unprepared and undecided. It's a sickness. ..

After work today I went to Men's Warehouse to buy a suit. I was disappointed with their limited selection of black suits in my size (only 4 on the rack). I was also disappointed with their prices. The two suits I liked best were $600 and $460. Maybe I'm being too cheap but I was hoping to find a decent suit for $300.00 or less.

No comments: