Monday, May 26, 2008

Swan Swan Hummingbird

Lifes Rich Pageant is probably my second favorite R.E.M. album (second to Automatic for the People). I love it when he sings "this is where we walked/this is where we swam/take a picture here/take a souvenir"/ in the song Cuyahoga. It reminds me of falling in love... even though the song is really about the "once heavily-polluted Cuyahoga River" according to Wikipedia.

This is a catchy album, the songs flow really well together and you're guaranteed to have these songs stuck in your head after a few spins. Other than the two aforementioned albums I haven't indulged in REM lately. Nevertheless here is another list of my "Top 5" (subject to change because I don't have their latest album).

Top 5 R.E.M. albums
1. Automatic for the People
2. Lifes Rich Pageant
3. Murmur
4. Out of Time
5. New Adventures in Hi-Fi

"I believe in coyotes and time as an abstract"
-R.E.M.

No comments: