Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bull in the Curtis

My Dream
Last night I dreamt that someone broke into the house and robbed us blind! They took my computer and my entire music collection... but they left all of my books.

I was so pissed! I was an animal full of rage! I wanted revenge and I wanted to hurt someone. I felt like my livelihood had been taken away from me. I cried and cried on my front porch steps, and ate boneless chicken breast like a savage beast.

I was like Michael Douglas in the film Falling Down, but I was even more untamed and desperate. I wonder if I had that dream because we talked about material culture in Sociology class on Saturday? Oddly enough, I opened my email from Chicago Nobo this morning and she said that her home had been burglarized. Weird.

Androgynous Mind
The album of the week is the very very lovely Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star by Sonic Youth. This 1994 release is one of the most under-rated albums in their catalog. This album has such a great vibe and is sonically delicious. Dare I say that this album would be equally as satisfying if it was all instrumental... the music is that interesting. Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star is a multi-layered, low-fi, trashy masterpiece- a perfect combination of sleazy seduction and beautiful noise.

F*ck MTV
I wish you guys played music videos! I wish you had music news with Kurt Loder, music films/documentaries, concerts, interviews, explored music literature, had music programming like 120 Minutes, Head Bangers Ball, Yo Mtv Raps, etc... But like everything else, I guess all good things must come to an end.

"I'd get pregnant if I could be assured I'd have puppies."
-Cynthia Nelms

No comments: