Monday, June 23, 2008

Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day - Movie Review

Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day (PG-13) 92 minutes C
A Cinderella story
Starring Frances McDormand, Amy Adams, Ciaran Hinds, Shirley Henderson, and Lee Pace

There is no doubt that Frances McDormand is a wonderful actress. I loved her in Fargo, Laurel Canyon, Friends with Money, Somethings Gotta Give, and countless other films.

Amy Adams is very cute in this film, she's definitely a star on the rise. But the real showstopper here is Shirley Henderson (you might know her from the Bridget Jones and Harry Potter films). She stole every scene she was in, and turned in a top notch performance in an otherwise average film.

I'm not saying this is a bad film; it does have some mainstream appeal. But I found it to be a little too typical and predictable. However, if 1930's London and "feel good" endings are your thing, you might consider checking this one out.

1 comment:

JScribe said...

Thanks for linking me-- I'll start checking out your blog more often. I love me a good review!