Friday, September 19, 2008

Disenchanted in the Lone Star State

RW & her conspiracy theories at the grass knoll in Dallas.

When I travel to new places I usually get a sense of whether or not I could ever live there. Fort Worth, TX is among the places I could never see myself living. Two weeks isn't enough time to determine the worth (pun intended) of any city, but I was a little underwhelmed with Fort Worth- the 17th largest city in the United States (larger than Denver, Seattle, Boston, and more).

But instead of dwelling on the negative, I've decided to compose a list of the best things I discovered during the last two weeks.

1. Half-Priced Books
Used Books, DVD's, Vinyl, CDs, Magzines- A chain store with a Indie vibe.
2. World Burrito
Like Chipotle & Qdoba but with healthier & tasty alternatives.
3. Genghis Grill
Yummy, healthy Mongolian stir fry- only one location in Colorado...?
4. Jalapeno poppers
Not very healthy, but oh so delicious!
5. Plums
I never met a plum I didn't like in Texas.

No comments: