Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hootie Goes Country

Darius Rucker - Learn to Live C
I bought Hootie's first solo album, 2002's Back to Then. That album sucked! And if he attempted to make another neo-soul, hip hop album I might vomit... or at least dry heave.

So when I heard that his second solo album would be on the other end of the spectrum- "country", I must admit that it seemed like a more logical choice even though I'm not really a fan of country music.

Learn to Live
is receiving decent reviews, most critics are calling it a "pleasant listen"or an "enjoyable album". I could stand for a little more "alt" country, oppose to this straight-up stab at the genre. But he does a nice job that's guaranteed not to disturb the neighbors.

I dig the first single, Don't Think I Don't Think About It, but there are several songs I can do without. I'm hoping Learn to Live learns to grow on me more.

No comments: