Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fort Worth, TX

Currently I am blogging from Texas. Home of Erykah Badu (Dallas), Daniel Johnston (Waller), Lyle Lovett (somewhere north of Houston), and many, many more.

I've been here 5 days so far and it has rained 3 out of the 5 days. Hurricane Ike touched down along the Texas gulf coast earlier this morning, the latest reports on the local news say that 3 million are without power and the death toll is somewhere around 20. Here in Fort Worth there were heavy periods of rain and gusty winds. God bless all the people affected by the storm...

Today RW and I went to Half-Price Books, an awesome used bookstore that also sells used cd's, vinyl, DVDs, and magazines. It's a chain store with the look and feel of an independent bookstore. We also cruised up to Dallas and visited the JFK Museum (called Sixth Floor Museum). I'm not much of a history buff, but the museum was an interesting and educational experience for me.

Unfortunately I haven't had much time to explore the city due to my work schedule and lots of homework, but I'm enjoying being in a new city and getting away from the office for a few weeks.

RW bought (from Half-Price Books)
Bachelor Girl: 100 Years of Breaking the Rules, a Social History of Living Single - Betsy Israel
Grand Illusion: The Untold Story of Rudy Giuliani and 9/11 - Wayne Barrett and Dan Collins

Curtis bought (from Half-Price Books)
I Hate Myself and Want to Die: The 52 Most Depressing Songs You've Ever Heard - Tom Reynolds
Woody Allen at Work: The Photographs of Brian Hamill - Charles Champlin and Derrick Tseng

No comments: