Monday, January 19, 2009

Sundance 2009

RW and I just wrapped up another Sundance film festival experience. This year was less cold, less people, and less hoopla (f*ckin economy!), but there was plenty of star power walking around the streets of Salt Lake and Park City Utah. Below is who we spotted and what films, television shows, or books you might know them from.

Chris Rock (and wife) - New Jack City, I Think I love My Wife, Boomerang
Kristen Stewart - Twilight, Into the Wild, Panic Room
J.K Simmons - Burn After Reading, Juno
Ron Jeremy - FILF: Fathers I'd Like to F*ck, One-Eyed Monster
Robert Townsend - Hollywood Shuffle, The Five Heartbeats
Beth Lisick - (Author) Everybody Into the Pool, Helping Me Help Myself
Ricardo Chavira - Desperate Housewives
Gina Torres - I Think I love My Wife, Dirty Sexy Money, Eli Stone

The films we saw...

Humpday - A
A great (buddy movie) about two best friends who consider having (gay) sex on film in an effort to create good art and prove to each other that their truly "free spirts".

Why We Laugh: Black Comedians on Black Comedy - A
A must see documentary about black comedy and the African American experience through laughter.

Don't Let Me Drown - C+
A good film but nothing I haven't seen before.

Everything Strange and New - A
An effective meditation on relationships and marriage from a man's point of view. Loved it!

Lunch Break - F
Horrible, if this can make it into Sundance... I too can one day have a film at Sundance.

Exit - F
So horrible we walked out...

The Reporter - B+
A documentary that gave me insight on what it takes to be a good journalist.

Helen - B-
This film will depress the hell out of a lot of people, so naturally I liked it.

Keith Reynolds Can't Make it Tonight - A
A short film from the United Kingdom... bloody brilliant!

Other notable moments

Friday
We enjoyed an excellent dinner at Benihana (we'd never been there before), it was the best meal I had during our stay!

Saturday
We bought books at The Kings English (an Independent Bookstore) and drank a sh*tload of tea at the Beehive Tearoom.

Sunday
We had a yummy breakfast at the hotel (Hotel Monaco) and the staff was super friendly!

Monday
We saw lots of celebrities...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Exit - F
So horrible we walked out..."

Man, you let them win!