Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Hangover - Movie Review

The Hangover (R) 100 minutes B
Four dudes blackout in Vegas...

Starring Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, Heather Graham, Justin Bartha, and Jeffrey Tambor

I have to give props to The Hangover because even though the trailer looked funny, I couldn't imagine how they were going to put a new twist on an old formula. Essentially I thought this would turn out to be nothing more than the sequel to Very Bad Things (a 1998 film starring Jon Favreau, Christian Slater and Jeremy Piven).

But after numerous people told me how good this film was I had to see for myself. It's not as good as some of the previous (summer) comedy blockbusters (aka- Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Knocked Up, and The 40 Year Old Virgin) but it is a funny and entertaining film about four dues who blackout in Vegas and can't remember what happened the night before. It's a wild ride and worth seeing on the big screen.

No comments: