Friday, January 6, 2012

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol - Movie Review

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (PG-13) 133 minutes C
Ethan Hunt is back! Run Ethan, Run!

Starring Tom Cruise, Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg, Paula Patton, Michel Nyqvist, Vladimir Mashkov, Josh Holloway, Anil Kapoor and Léa Seydoux.

I must admit, I was a little disappointed with this latest installment of Mission Impossible.  That's not to say that it won't satisfy many of you reading this review.  After all, it's currently the number one film in America, and it's receiving good reviews from my colleagues.  I am not one who is easily impressed by hot cars, cool suits, slick gadgets and action sequences.  Especially, when I don't feel any emotional attachment to the characters.  Even the girl on girl fight scene and a curvy (post-pregnancy) Paula Patton did little to get me interested. 

I'm reluctant to imply that I am trashing this film because there were some nice moments (I liked the Kremlin scene). Fans of the genre/franchise will most likely feel as though they got their money's worth.  But despite the smarter and edgier facade, Ghost Protocol doesn't live up to the hype.  Fun? I guess... but mostly forgettable.

No comments: