Friday, January 3, 2014

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - Movie Review

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (PG-13) 114 mins B
Major Tom finds Life

Starring Ben Stiller, Kristin Wiig, Sean Penn, Shirley MacLaine, Adam Scott, Kathryn Hahn, Patton Oswalt and Adrian Martinez

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty was a little too whimsical for my taste.  However, I did relate to the protagonist and the film's main idea- it's never too late pursue your dreams, live life to the fullest, turn the ordinary into the extraordinary, yadayadayada...  I also liked Ben Stiller as Walter Mitty and Kristen Wiig as his love interest.  As a matter of fact, the best moment (by far) in the film is when Wiig sings "Space Oddity."  The Secret Life of Walter Mitty isn't great, but I have to admit that it stayed with me for days afterwards.  I recommend this film to daydreamers and those who prefer a "dialed down" Ben Stiller.

No comments: