Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My news and notes

What the hell is Brett Favre doing here?
Are you tired of this story yet? Frankly, I think it's good for the NFL. It keeps the league in the spotlight, it's a nice distraction during preseason, and where ever he lands will result into must-see TV. Whether it's the Bucs or Jets, it's a slap in the face for which ever QB he replaces.

Paris Hilton - That's Hot!
By now, many of you have probably seen the Paris Hilton video response to John McCain. It's her best performance since "One Night in Paris". Check out the video here http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/64ad536a6d

A month of root canals
Today was part two of my root canal. I thought I'd get my crown today but apparently I have to wait until part three for that. (Knock-on-wood) So far my dentist has done a great job and I'm very happy with the work he has done; but I'm not out of the woods yet. After he finishes the root canal, god knows what else he'll find wrong (hopefully nothing). It's like taking my car in for repairs. I nervously wait for the word... is it serious? costly? Should I get a second opinion?

Curtis's new novel (RW- in case you didn't know)
Curtis Sittenfeld has a new novel, American Wife, in stores 9/2/08.

Check my head
My head has been all messed up lately. I'm in one of those head spaces where everything feels chaotic and I can't seem to gather my composure and make sense of things. Tonight- I think I need to make a to do list, and curl up with a good book or some magazines.

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
-Tallulah Bankhead

No comments: