Sunday, August 17, 2008

Random Thoughts & Natural Born Killers

Out of the Closet
Why do I buy clothes? I have so many clothes in my closet that I don't wear (and several things I can't bring myself to get rid of). Thing is, I have a lot of mediocre clothes and not a lot of show stoppers in my wardrobe. But, I don't have many occasions to dress up and the only person I really have to please is me (my harshest critic).

There once was a time when I took pride in the way I dressed, but to borrow a phrase from George Michael- "sometimes the clothes does not make the man". Every now and then that well-dressed, stylish guy will make an appearance, but for the most part he has been replaced by a guy who tries... but then says - f*ck it!

August 28, 2008
Thanks to RW we got credentials. We will be part of one of the most historical moments in history- Obama's acceptance speech at Invesco. But is anything really historic any more? Everyone knows that this is a historic moment so will that diminish its impact? When I read about historical moments in history they almost seem magical and unaware of their importance at the time. Is this MLK historic... or just trivia pursuit historic? In my world it's a pretty big deal, but what about for those people who don't look like me, think like me, or vote like me? Is it less historic for those people?

Natural Born Thrilla
The album of the week is the Natural Born Killers Soundtrack. I'm in a funky mindset tonight, and this album is really setting the tone for the week. This compilation is dark, gritty, and at times haunting. But it always brings a smile to my face- especially the sound clips from the film. It's funny sh*t!

The soundtrack features music by NIN, Leonard Cohen, L7, Patti Smith, Dr Dre, Tha Dogg Pound, Bob Dylan, Cowboy Junkies, and more.

No comments: