Sunday, February 22, 2009

Marley & Me - Movie Review

Marley & Me (PG) 123 minutes B
It's a doggy dog world

Starring Owen Wilson, Jennifer Aniston, Alan Arkin, Eric Dane, and Kathleen Turner

RW cried...
I cried... (but only out of one eye).

And even though I haven't read the popular book that this film was based on, Marley & Me is a dog lovers film; albeit it a little formulaic and syrupy sweet. But one that is endearing and featured more breadth than I expected.

Personally, I loved the writer aspect of the story (John's struggle with being a columnist or a reporter), but one of the major complaints I've heard is that the film is too much about the people when the book is more about the dog. I found the romance between John and Jenny Grogan (Wilson and Aniston) to be very engaging...especially Aniston.

As for the doggies, their all very adorable, and at the heart of it all this really is a love story about man's best friend.

No comments: