Friday, February 6, 2009

Suburban Murder Mystery (book review)

Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner B

Goodnight Nobody may not be Weiner's best effort, and for some of her followers it's their least favorite book. But Weiner is such a terrific writer that even at half speed she's still leader of the pack... and that's not to say she's at half speed here.

Initially this suburban tale starts off lighthearted and maybe even a tad cliche, but nevertheless I was entertained from the start. Besides, what do I know about being a white, upper middle class housewife, who may or may not have married on the rebound, and whose life has been turned upside down when she finds herself entangled in a murder plot.

After awhile I really became engrossed by the mystery, charmed by our heroine, and captivated by her antics (as well as the underlying marriage turmoil). Ultimately, I found Goodnight Nobody to be very satisfying and I look forward to continuing my trek through all of Weiner's novels.

No comments: