Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spooning On A Tuesday Night (Concert Review)

Spoon at Ogden Theatre 4/6/10 B-

I really wanted to be blown away by Spoon. The new album seemed like it would translate into a great live showing. The first two songs of the set rocked! They sounded crisp, clean and sharp, I thought here we go... this is going to be one helluva show!

But the band quickly lost momentum and the rest of the set felt very hit or miss - a rockin song, an ok song, a great song, an ok song that's a little boring, a rockin song, a boring song, etc...

It was like every third song sounded great and in between greatness I found myself daydreaming, scanning the crowd and shifting my weight from one leg to the other.

The band was never bad at any point. Their sound, their moves, were always clear and clean. They hit all the notes and Daniel (the lead singer) shook just enough ass to make the girls swoon. Yet for my taste they would've benefited from a little more sleaze, raunchiness and balls-out rockin!

No comments: