Sunday, April 4, 2010

They Make Their Own Money (Music Review)

First Impression Music Review Spoon - Transference B+

Spoon is one of those bands that my friends have always raved about but I never got into. It's not because I didn't like their music, I just never gave them a chance. Honestly, I thought they were another trendy young band with big riffs and monster hooks who would fade out after a few albums.

But this outfit from Austin, Texas has been around since the early 90's and have perfected a sound and rhythm that's all their own. Transference is a groovy, infectious and cool: using only guitar, percussion, bass and Daniel's voice (whose vocal delivery has the styling of a young Mick Jagger), this album sounds better and more interesting than most albums (polished & over-produced) you'll hear this year.

Standout Tracks - "Who Makes Your Money", "Is Love Forever" and "Trouble Comes Running"

No comments: