Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What if I were Romeo in black jeans

Michael Penn - Palms & Runes, Tarot & Tea: A Michael Penn Collection

This album is essentially a "best of" with a twist. Penn has hand picked these songs himself and provided us with a few updated versions of old tunes, a demo, and a couple of previously unreleased tracks.

Penn was hailed as the next big thing when the single No Myth hit the airwaves back in 1989. But quickly after that he began to fade out of the spotlight. 1992 brought the brilliant and near perfect album-Free for All. The album featured the penetrating single Long Way Down (look what the cat drug in), which is rumored to be about Madonna and her relationship with Penn's brother Sean.

After that album Penn began to fade quickly from the mainstream, but he continued to make great music. Now, after 5 albums, Penn has chosen to release a career retrospective. I'm not crazy about "best of" albums (especially when I already have all the albums), but the newly recorded versions do make this collection feel fresher. This is a good introduction for those of you unfamiliar with Penn's music.

Palms & Runes, Tarot & Tea: A Michael Penn Collection gets a solid B

Other albums by Michael Penn

March = B
Free For All = A-
Resigned = B
MP4 Days Since a lost time accident = B-
Mr. Hollywood Jr. 1947 = A-

"We said goodbye before hello, my secrets she will never know" - Michael Penn

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

good afternoon friends. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices as regards the shoes were about 230 dollars on every page. But definitively I set this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good day friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching as far as something that particular brand. The prices seeking the sneakers were about 310 pounds on every site. But for all I found this area selling them for half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi there dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been searching for that exact make. The prices seeking the boots were around 250 bucks everwhere. But finally I base this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good day people. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching for the sake of that meticulous brand. The prices for the shoes are approximately 350 dollars on every page. But completely I found this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good morning fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been digging for that particular make. The prices seeking the shoes were around 340 bucks on every site. But completely I base this area selling them for half price. I absolutely love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what do you think?