Friday, July 10, 2009

A Bright Future for the Left (A Music Review)

First Impression Review
Future Of The Left - Travels With Myself And Another B+

My friend Diddlefinger is more or less a musical savant. Recently when he gave me a copy of the new Future of the Left cd (I'd never heard of them before) I had no idea what to expect but at the very least I knew it wouldn't be boring.

The first track of this cd, Arming Eritrea totally and completely kicks ass- "Come on, Rick, I'm not a prize/I'm not a cynic or one of those guys. The guitars rip and roar, this opening track is guaranteed to remind you of the best song AC/DC never wrote and recorded.

The rest of the cd never lets a foot off the pedal. It's intriguing and rebel rousing, music that keeps an old man like me young.

No comments: