Saturday, July 4, 2009

Wilco (the band) delivers music for the masses (A Concert Review)

Wilco w/ Okkervil River at Red Rocks 7/3/09 B-

I'm not ready to categorize Wilco as "dad rock" yet, and their still better than most bands out there. But Wilco seems to be venturing into musical territory that sounds comfortable, content, and dare I say... boring? That's not what I signed up for a decade or so ago when I punched my ticket on the Wilco bandwagon .

It's hard to beat a Red Rocks show on a cool summer night. Tweedy and company were polished yet unsurprising (much like their last two albums), they sounded like the popular rock band they have become and delivered what most would consider an outstanding show. But unfortunately I'm not most people and I thought the show was only slightly above average. The band played for over two hours (including encores) and the highlights were Jesus etc, Spiders (Kidsmoke), I'm a Wheel, Bull Black Nova and Wilco (the song).

No comments: