Wednesday, July 1, 2009

2009's Best In Film & Music so far...

Every year on or around my birthday I bring you the best in films & music for the first half of the year... So with no further ado here are my picks for 2009 so far... Enjoy!

Best Films
1. The Girlfriend Experience
It's not a film that everyone can or will appreciate, but it's the only film I've seen this year that I would have paid money to see twice (in the theater).

2. He's Just Not That Into You
The critics generally panned this film but call me crazy, I liked it... a lot.

3. Adventureland
Young love is often the purest, this is a charming film that's totally worthwhile.

4. State of Play
A really good adult drama about sex, politics and journalism.

5. Two Lovers
Joaquin Phoenix's curtain call and a refreshing (albeit odd) romantic drama.

Best Albums


1. AC Newman - Get Guilty
Catchy, consistent, and interesting from beginning to end.

2. Dinosaur Jr. - Farm
This would be number one if J sang every song on the album... but it's still damn good!

3. Jill Sobule - The California Years
An honest album by a true underdog, the best album of her career.

4. Indigo Girls - Poseidon And The Bitter Bug
A very listenable album that sounds better and better each time.

5. Duncan Sheik - Whisper House
Underneath the catchy hooks and boyish good looks is a talented and underrated dark spirit.

2 comments:

diddle said...

You already knew this but we agree on #2 musically. I'm not in love enough with my current #4 or #5 to bother listing, but for me

1. Future of the Left - Travels With Myself and Another

by a pretty wide margin over everything I've heard this year.

2. Dinosaur Jr. - Farm
3. Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

Anonymous said...

Making my penis bigger has actually taught me several things, as well as the fact that it should be ultimately possibly and permanent, he said. The first is that penis sizegenetics surgery is not necessary. Surgery is costly, truly also very risky, even in cases where procedure goes smoothly without any complications. Besides that, surveys have shown that most men with gone under the knife arenrrrt pleased because of the results.I also learned that pumps don't work. Whenever i decided I wanted to start making my penis bigger, I bought a pump, so it wasn't a cheap one either.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/