Sunday, July 26, 2009

An Upbeat and Bouncy Summer Soundtrack (A Music Review)

First Impression Review
Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix B+

When I first listened to this album I thought it was just catchy summertime fun that would ultimately become disposable once the weather turned cold and summer was in our rear view.

Initially this album only motivated me to open my windows, turn up the volume and dance around in my underwear while singing into a hair brush. But after further review... it still makes me dance around in my underwear but it's also an essential summer soundtrack.

It's a little disco fabulous, euro-trashy, and synth-centric with a dash of the late 80's/early 90's. Yet most of all it's infectious as hell and a great album to listen to while you're getting ready for a night out on the town.

No comments: