Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Visitor - Movie Review

The Visitor (PG-13) 103 minutes A-
Groove is in the heart
Starring Richard Jenkins, Haaz Sleiman, Hiam Abbass, and Maggie Moore

If nothing else, this film is a testament that it is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all.

There have been times in my life when I thought I might end up like Walter (Richard Jenkins); an aging old man, numb, and stumbling through a life of solitude and introspection. Pretending to be someone, when really, I'm no one at all.

But the beautiful thing about life is that one person can change everything, and sometimes all it takes is that leap of faith to give someone a chance. Those of you that have seen this film (or will see this film) will understand what I'm talking about. The Visitor is a quiet and humanistic film about a broken man who finds the inspiration to live again by marching to the beat of a different drummer.

The less I tell you about The Visitor the better. I encourage many of you to see this film, especially for those of you who enjoy a mature, unassuming, and well done drama. No car chases, explosions, or special effects here. This one is for your heart and our mind.

No comments: